Hello 2019...

I keep coming back to this post and starting to rewrite it, for some reason I keep feeling like my thoughts, aspirations and goals for the whole year are wrapped up in this post. Today though, I realised that that mindset was actually really unhealthy and so I am going to stat by talking about just that, my mindset going into this new year, 2019.

I am a massive fan of New Years, not the part on the 31st of December where you stay up late, pop champagne and it's hugs all round, don't get me wrong, that is lovely, even though I am desperate to fall asleep by 10, but get forced into ringing in the new year by my dear siblings. I do love it, but what I am talking about is the thrill I get on the 1st, as I crack open a new planner, pull out a nice unused pen I got for christmas and sit down and think, write, plan and dream of all the adventures, battles, joys and fears of the year to come. I love new beginnings, a Monday where you get to start the week fresh, the first of the month or even an early morning, I never manage to sleep past about 7 AM, even on holidays. This year is no different, I was gifted the perfect day planner for christmas by my Mum, it is joyful, pretty, colourful and full of inspirational quotes, I can't wait to turn each new page as the year progresses. So my new year began with that, I pulled it out and started to write in all that I could plan this far ahead of time, I followed that with  new Excel spreadsheet of budgeting and then sat down my my motivation notebook and started to make my lists, I love my lists, really though they actually give me a thrill. 

Looking now at what I wrote down a week ago I am still so excited for 2019, daunting, scary as it is looking out into the unknown, we need to remember, it is just that, unknown, we can only plan so much, control so much in our lives, and so this is where your mindset is so very important. How are you thinking when you look into the expanse that is 2019? I realised that I always write and extensive list of unmanageable resolutions, and then look back a few months into the year and feel defeated because I didn't succeed, so this year I decided to take a new approach. Instead of writing the word 'Resolutions' at the top if the page, I wrote; 'Goals, Dreams and Mindset', I want to rather work on how I am perceiving the world, what I am dreaming of, hoping for and the ways I plan on achieving those things. I followed this with two lists, one titled Priorities and the second Nonnegotiable in these categories I included things such as how I was going to prioritise family time, early nights, seeing friends, university work, calls with friends far away and more, and my nonnegotiable list had things that are not allowed to be forfeited, things that HAVE to be at the top of the list and preferably not over looked ever. This list included things such as quiet time, exercise, nutrition, mental and physical health, stress-free friendships and more. My last section I wrote was on my goals, I feel like living a goal-oriented life helps me, they cannot control or rule me, but when I am struggling and feeling despondent, returning to that list of goals can re-motivate me and help me to re-focus. So I will share with you some of my goals for the year to come; 1) To live a more restful, stress free life in 2019, no more exhaustion that puts me down for days at a time due to being so over committed and then I end up being unable to cope anymore. 2) To budget better allowing me to save to visit friends living far away, 3) Build my photography business up more. 

These are just some of the things I am striving for this year, things I am hoping for and hopefully this will lead to a more positive and helpful mindset too. My next post will share some of the ways I am hoping to make these stick, ways I think might help people other than me to try and keep those 'resolutions' or whatever we are deciding to call them, for me it is goals. 

Comments

Popular Posts