A new beginning, an old story



It's 11:00pm and I am lying awake and thinking about the inspiration I draw on a daily basis from individuals near and far. How can people I have never met or have no connection to inspire and encourage me so greatly? I have realised it is a heart connection, a feeling of mutual concerns, desires, fears and longing. A connectedness through heartbreak, sorrow and joy. These things are far greater connections that even physical distance. All this goes to say,  I'd like to start sharing my heart feelings. The struggles and accomplishments in my daily life may seem lonely to me, yet out there in this world of ours there may be another individual feeling and struggling with something so relatable.

I love the feeling of being able to shrink our world, to make the giant distances seem smaller. To have connection and closeness with someone who is multiple timezones away from me, yet we can share a bond like that of a close friend, through both experiencing similar things in our day-to-day life.

I can't say yet what the exact content of this blog will be, but most likely it will be a way of sharing my journey of chronic illness, and talking about creative and healthy ways of dealing with a life like this, and most importantly just being real about how hard it can get. I definitely have not yet gotten even close to working this out, I currently feel like I am being swallowed by myself and struggling to gasp enough air to get through each day, but my hope is, that by sharing the journey of this life with others we can create a community of encouragement and support for one another. No matter what our different struggles are we all are carrying a burden of some sort and having a space to talk, discuss and encourage one another through positivity and community is so important. Also, some days, we just need to vent, to chat to someone who gets it and to feel like we are not alone in this journey of life.

So here's to me, making a step in (hopefully) the right direction to drawing more intentionality into my life, in how I share with others and how I try to draw more joy and positivity into my daily life. What I would love through this is to share some of it with any of you who are interested to hear it. These days can be hard, let's lean on one another for support.

If you have made it this far and are still here, then thank you, you're a trooper!

Goodnight from me x

Comments

Popular Posts